Premium theme features
Sidelined is a flexible, usable and elegant premium WordPress theme. All the standard functionality is here – jQuery, Cufon, multiple image sliders, gallery/portfolio options and static / drop down menus – but there’s so much more too.
With Sidelined we wanted to create a theme which made it easy for you to format content and add features like columns, galleries and slideshows. To do this, we’ve created a suite of WordPress shortcodes encompassing all the key functionality.
The great advantage of this approach is that you can use shortcodes in any content area, meaning you are not overly constrained as to where you add the features – you can, for example, add shortcodes through the main editor on posts and pages, in widgets in the sidebar or bottom content area. This approach also allows us to streamline the user options admin panel.
Here’s a quick start list of what functionality is available and where you can find it:
- Image slider (Cycle or Nivo sliders with choice of autoscroll, hide navigation, FX type, width, slices (Nivo only))
- Content columns
- Promo text (large/small font size settings)
- Highlight text (available in four colours)
- Display blog post or posts
- Show/hide content (via jQuery)
- List styles (styled lists with ticks, crosses or circles)
- Pull quotes
- ‘Back to top’ links
- Select colour scheme
- Select pop up skin style
- Menu type/placement
- Site alignment (left or centre aligned)
- Set number of bottom content area columns
- Exclude blog categories
- Enable sidebar on blog pages
- Add logo
- Add favicon
- Add header script
- Add CSS overrides
- Set footer copyright
- Add footer script
Additonally, you can choose whether to show the sidebar on individual post, page and gallery items (this option is directly beneath the main editor).